CIRES Internship Program (CIP)
The CIRES Internship Program (CIP) provides currently enrolled undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students in their final or penultimate year, the opportunity to undertake a 10 week research internship with a researcher in the Centre. A scholarship of $3,000 for the internship is available.
CIRES provides short-term research internships for Masters Coursework and Honours students currently enrolled at The University of Queensland. This is an opportunity to undertake a 10 week research internship with an expert researcher in the Centre.
A scholarship of $3,000 for the 10 week internship is available.
CIRES Internship Program [CIP]
- Provides an opportunity for UQ Masters or Honours students to launch their research journey in Data Science.
- Aims to enrich the skills of coursework students by providing valuable experience in conducting a short research project
- Helps students build interest in further investigating research problems in Information Resilience through pursuing PhD study.
Currently enrolled undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students in their final or penultimate year at The University of Queensland.
Each program will run for 10 weeks, with an expectation that the intern will spend 10 hours (maximum) on the project per week. The payment will be paid in one lump sum of $3,000 at the end of the 10 week period.
To help connect with the wider CIRES cohort of PhD researchers, Postdoctoral Research Fellows, and Data Engineers, the intern is expected to:
- Utilise a hot desk 1-2 days per week in the CIRES Headquarters, Level 5 Hawken Engineering Building, UQ St Lucia Campus
- Participate in at least one CIRES reading group
- Complete a mid-point presentation (5 week mark) on the project’s progress
- Provide a short written summary/overview of the project at the end of the 10 weeks
Supervisors & Projects
Supervisors may submit a project proposal any time:
Alternatively submit your project project via EAIT ThesisDB.
CIRES alignment: Please include details of how this project connects to the Centre’s research program and information resilience. Include a statement on synergies with the Centre’s Themes and any of the Centre’s existing projects.
Let the CIRES Centre Manager know that you’ve submitted a project.
If you’re interested in the CIRES Internship Program, please contact a CIRES Chief Investigator or Affiliate Investigator to discuss a potential research project for the internship. Your research interests should generally fit in the area of data science and in particular should align with the research specialisations of the CIRES centre investigators as well as with the interests of Centre industry and government partners.
Once you have secured supervision from a CIRES Chief Investigator or Affiliate Investigator for your project, please submit:
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis and reviewed by the Centre’s Executive Committee. You can expect to receive an outcome of your application with 2 weeks of submitting.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about the CIRES Internship Program (CIP) please contact the CIRES Team via email@example.com
View all engagements